Effective date: July 30, 2021
AppLovin Corporation (collectively, “AppLovin”, “we,” “us,”, or “our”) provides a mix of products and services through various channels. We provide certain products and services primarily to our mobile operator and handset manufacturer partners, through a mobile application of ours and related software solutions embedded in devices distributed by such business partners.
Personal Information We Collect
We receive the following information in order to provide the Services and to better service users and our business partners:
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
We collect certain information automatically about you and your use of our Services that does not necessarily personally identify you, your interactions with us and information regarding the device you use to access and use our Services. Such personal information is acquired from either our business partners, the user’s mobile device, or directly from the user, and may include:
- IP address
- Unique device ID
- Device Advertiser ID (GAID)
- App usage information, including but not limited to:
- Time and duration of your App use
- Log information regarding the use of applications and device features, which applications have been downloaded, installed and uninstalled, network traffic data, service options the user chooses
- Device make, model, carrier, and operating system and device properties and settings
- Country, time zone and locale settings
- Network connection type and speed
- Internet browser user-agent used to access the Services
If you choose to access our Website, we may collect personal information which is shared with us (such as name, email address or other address you provide, and any other information you provide us when you contact us for support or provide feedback).
Information from Other Sources
Our advertising partners may share with us information that describes how often users use their applications and information about events that occur within their application. We use this information to provide you the Services and to improve the products and services we deliver to you, including to prevent fraud and/or to verify your identity. We may also combine information we collect with other information we derive through analytical techniques, and we use that combined information to offer the Services. This type of information may include transactional data related to a consumer’s interaction with an application, such as information about the actions taken in an application like purchases or application installations.
Mobile Application Software Development Kits (SDKs). We may use our software development kits (“SDKs”) in the App and/or in the Recommended Apps for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of our mobile applications, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our app, or to facilitate interest-based advertising. SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly via our mobile applications.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the information we collect for the purpose of providing our Services as well as perform analysis to improve our products, services and technologies and those of our partners. The information also enables advertising and app recommendations that are most likely suited for our business partners and device users. In addition, we use the information to analyze the performance of advertising campaigns of our business partners and to provide them with performance reports. More specifically, we may use your information:
- To provide our Services to you, including making recommendations for apps you may be interested in, or engaging in other transactions with us
- To enable you to create an account and otherwise interact with us and our partner apps
- To determine your eligibility for certain products and/or services
- To communicate with you about our Services, including to respond to your customer service requests or respond to inquiries or correspondence you send to us
- To present you with marketing relating to our Services
- To analyze and improve our Website, App, products, and Services, including analyzing trends and usage
- To analyze market trends and consumer behaviors for internal business purposes
- To prevent fraud, detect, investigate, or remediate security or other legal concerns
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations or respond to legal process or law enforcement requests
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or consent
How We Share Your Personal Information
In operating our business and working to provide you the Services, unless specified otherwise elsewhere, we may share your information in the following ways:
- With the Recommended Apps, our affiliates, and our business partners. When you use the App, we may share information with the Recommended Apps, our affiliates to the extent their apps are Recommended Apps, and business partners (the device carriers and OEMs) that offer our Services, insofar as it is necessary operationally to provide our Services and for attribution purposes. Also you direct us to provide information you provide to us by using the App and downloading the Recommended Apps to all participating applications who can engage with you and use your personal information in accordance with their privacy policies regardless of your actual interaction with each.
- With our service providers—that is, organizations that provide services to support our Services, such as our cloud storage providers.
- With Advertising, Measurement, and Analytics Services. We may provide these partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you, or if we have aggregated the information so that it does not personally identify you. For example, we may tell an advertiser how its ads performed, or how many people viewed their ads or installed an app after seeing an ad.
- With third parties as part of an acquisition or liquidation. If we are involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, corporate divestiture, reorganization, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company or if we undergo liquidation or bankruptcy proceedings, we may share your information in connection with such transaction or proceeding before and or after the transaction closes or the proceedings are completed.
- With your consent—We may share information in other ways if you give us consent or direct us to do so.
How We Use and Share De-identified and/or Aggregated Information
Personal Information and Other Information may be de-identified and/or aggregated in a way to remove the personally identifying components. De-identified and/or aggregated information is not and will not be treated as Personal Information and may be used by us and shared with third parties to provide insights into developing or improving products or services, marketing, investment research or for any other legally permissible purposes. These third parties may also use and disclose the de-identified and/or aggregated information for their own business purposes, including to understand consumer shopping behaviors, investment research, market trends and other insights and for any other legally permissible purposes.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
Depending on how you use the Services, you may have the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, port to another service provider, restrict, or object to certain uses of your personal information (for example, direct marketing). We will not charge you more or provide you with a different level of service if you exercise any of these rights. However, when changes are made we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. You can also contact us about questions or requests relating to your personal information by sending an email to datapr[email protected]. To protect your privacy, before we give you access or let you update your information, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful.
To limit collection of information from mobile devices, including location data, please visit your device’s settings to set the “Limit Ad Track” or other similar feature on your device. You can also make choices about data collection for certain companies. For example, if you would like to opt-out of interest-based advertising by participating companies, please visit an industry consumer choice platform such as the Network Advertising Initiative (here) or Digital Advertising Alliance (here).
To see or manage the data collected by AppLovin from your Android device, you may download the AppLovin Privacy Management Application on your Android device from the Google Play Store:
Note that after limiting collection of information you may see less relevant advertising on your device.
Specific Provisions For EU Consumers
We may transfer certain personal data to the U.S. While AppLovin participates and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, in light of the judgment of the Court of Justice of the European Union in Case C-311/18 and the similar announcement from the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, we do not rely on this framework as a legal basis for transfers of personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation. We continue however to adhere to these principles and we rely on EU Standard Contractual Clauses and other safeguards to enable such transfers.
Lawful Basis for Processing
On certain occasions, We process your personal data when it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, such as to provide the Services to you. We may also process your personal data to respond to your inquiries concerning our products and services.
On other occasions, we process your personal data where required by law. We may also process your personal data if necessary to protect your interests or the interests of a third party.
Additionally, We process your personal data when necessary to do so for fraud prevention, improving our network and services, and marketing our services to advertisers and publishers; where these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no other lawful basis for such processing, We will generally ensure that consent has been obtained from you. You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of personal data at any time.
For questions about data processing, please contact our Data Protection Officer. Visit the “Contact” section below for contact information.
We do not collect or otherwise process personal data from individuals in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland whom we know to be under 16 years of age, except to comply with law or to support our legitimate interests.
If you are an individual in the EU, you are able:
- To request access to the personal data we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal data;
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal data;
- Under certain circumstances, to receive personal data about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal data directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability; and
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal data.
All requests will be dealt with at the earliest opportunity. To exercise these rights, contact our data protection officer. See the “Contact” section below. Please be aware that we may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
[END OF EU SPECIFIC PROVISIONS]
Specific Provisions For California Consumers
This section applies only to California residents. It describes how we collect, use and share Personal Information of California residents in providing the Services, and their rights with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include certain de-identified or aggregated information, information publicly available in government records, or certain information excluded from the CCPA’s scope.
Your California privacy rights. Upon your verifiable consumer request, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months: the categories of Personal Information that we have collected; the categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information; the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you. Note that there are a number of exceptions, and we need certain types of information so that we can provide our Services to you. If you ask us to delete some or all of your information, you may no longer be able to access or use the Services.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discriminatory practices prohibited by California law.
Exercising your rights. You may exercise your California privacy rights described above by emailing us at [email protected], or by contacting us via the “Contact Us” link on the Website.
We will need to confirm your identity and California residency to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
Response Timing. We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension in writing.
Personal information that we collect, use and share. We describe the sources from which we collect Personal Information in Personal Information We Collect and the business and commercial purposes for which we collect this information in How We Use Your Personal Information and How We Share Your Personal Information.
[END OF CALIFORNIA SPECIFIC PROVISIONS]
Other Sites and Services
Our Services may link to third-party websites and Recommended Apps. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third-party websites and mobile apps. If you have any questions about their privacy practices, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
Security and Retention of Your Information
We implement reasonable measures to help secure the information we collect through the Services. While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our Services and our customer databases and records, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We retain the data we collect through the Services for up to 2 years. Information is automatically purged from our system if the Services do not receive any updated information for a device in the last 2 years. Note that we will retain information in our systems for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We store information that we collect from your device with our cloud storage providers in the United States. Accordingly, please note that if you do not live in the United States, we will transfer your information to and store it in, the United States. If you are located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, we will transfer your information to the United States based on the Standard Contractual Clauses.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information collected online from children under the age of 13, except to the extent that the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act permits us to collect and maintain such information without parental consent. If you believe your child has provided us with personal information that is covered by the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act without your required consent, please contact us at [email protected] and we will make reasonable efforts to delete the information from our records.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
1100 Page Mill Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304You can also contact us via email at [email protected].